The Legion 1
No Place Like Home
In order of appearance:
- Computo (as "Mister Venge")
- Abyss (Oversight Watch member)
- Twine (Oversight Watch member)
- Brainstorm (Oversight Watch member)
- Ra's al Ghul (as "President McCauley")
- Vanquo (Corvan IV "terrorist")
- Izaard (Corvan IV "terrorist")
- Kreance (Corvan IV "terrorist")
- Repulse (Oversight Watch member)
- M'Onel (as Oversight Watch member)
- (unnamed reporter - check to see if he's named elsewhere)
- Trudy Trusoe (unnamed in issue)
THE LEGION #1
Written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning; art and cover by Coipel and Lanning.
A new era dawns for the 31st Century's greatest heroes. The once-lost members of the Legion of Super-Heroes have returned. But the world has changed in their absence into something that they no longer recognize. As the Legion rebuilds from the ground up, with a new structure, new members and a new purpose, will they survive the evil that awaits them?
32 pages, $2.50, arrives in stores on Oct. 24.
Feature article/expanded solicit
A new era for the 31st Century… THE LEGION
Half their number was lost. The other half was without hope. The Legion of Super-Heroes officially disbanded following the "death" of eleven members. But now these missing heroes have triumphantly returned. How will the 31st century's greatest heroes react to a world they no longer recognize?
THE LEGION is a new ongoing series written by Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning and illustrated by Olivier Coipel & Lanning — the same creative team behind the critically acclaimed LEGION LOST maxiseries — that picks up where LOST and the LEGION WORLDS miniseries left off. The missing Legionnaires have returned to find everything they've ever known changed in their absence. Despite appearances, the galaxy has fallen on hard times under new president Leland McCauley. In addition to financial crises, the Milky Way is threatened by increasingly frequent planetary invasions from Robotica — a world of artificial sentients bent on reshaping everything they encounter. With the planets no longer united, the Legionnaires may be the only hope for unity…something McCauley and his super-powered bodyguards, the Oversight Watch, don't want to see happen!
A new era dawns as the Legion slowly rebuilds itself with a new structure, new members and a new purpose. But with these changes come new inner conflicts and unexpected surprises — while in the background, a surprising villain lurks and schemes, ready to destroy the Legion before it even has a chance to come back together fully.
This project is supported with a 4-color 17" x 22" retail poster and house and trade ads.
THE LEGION is an ongoing series edited by Mike McAvennie. Issue #1 arrives in comic-book stores October 24 with a cover price of $2.50 U.S.
- The Legion
- Legion Publication History - Other issues published (late) 2001-2004
- Legion Publication History - Other issues of The Legion
- Post-Zero Hour Chronology
- "The Legion Ongoing Artists" - http://comicscontinuum.com/stories/0104/11/
- DnA [& McAvennie] interview (TL1) - http://tinyurl.com/ymj3r8
- DnA [& Coipel] interview (TL1) - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=521
- DnA interview (TL1) - http://www.sequentialtart.com/archive/dec01/abnett_lanning.shtml
|« Previous Next »The Legion #1|
|Legion Worlds #3: On the Net |
Legion Worlds #3: You are here - Braal
|Legion Worlds #6 |
The Legion #2
|Legion Worlds #6 |
The Legion #2