Talk:List of LSH members/Glorithverse
Couple of things:
- No Roman numerals (Re: KK2). Do it as [[Codename/Real name[/era]|Codename (Real name)]]. I don't know the real name of KK2 off the top of my head, so... [Unless the roman numeral was part of their actual [code]name, that is]
- This should include the complete, post-retcons roster (i.e., including KQ, Valor, Laurel, etc in place; excluding Superboy, Supergirl, etc). THAT's the reason for splitting /Glorithverse off and not "Adventure era"/"Levitz era"/etc. - Reboot (SoM) talk page 16:53, 11 July 2006 (PDT)
- I can fix this pretty quickly. KK2 was named Myg.
- I didn't quite know how to fit that in, but I guess I'll just make it another heading and explain it somehow. That change might not come for a little while. - Autochef 16:59, 11 July 2006 (PDT)
- I'll use that naming convention (the split SW6/other names) from now on. Seems as good as any a way to do it. Many of the entries (like, say, Saturn Girl/Glorithverse#SW6) won't need much more content. Autochef
- Since I've read about three pre-ZH Legionnaires issues and no pre-ZH LSHv4 issues, I'll take your word for it :) [Remember that a # goes to a section on a page, not a subpage. You probably know this, and it's just my overtiredness that's making me say it, but I thought I'd better say it :)] - Reboot (SoM) talk page 20:46, 11 July 2006 (PDT)
I've reworked the page. I hope it works. A couple of notes:
- I'm still not 100 percent sure about the naming convention and when we actually need a separate page for a Glorithverse member. If there's an SW6 counterpart, definitely. If any part of their history mentions or is intertwined with Valor vs. Mon-El or Superboy (Shadow Lass, Ultra Boy, Cosmic Boy, members of "the conspiracy", etc.), then yes. Star Boy because he doesn't get Kryptonian powers this time, he gets Daxamite powers, yes. But someone like Tellus shouldn't be affected.
- I listed Superboy (Kal-El) on purpose. Although the Legion Help file claims it is a mistake, the sourcebook timeline and annual 1 both show that someone named Superboy was briefly a member of the LSH. He died fighting Glorith. He is included for completeness.
- If the non-LSH members should be on some other page, that's fine with me.
- I didn't touch the Heroes of Lallor, the Wanderers, etc. We don't know if they were affected or not by the retcons. I also kept the SUBS on this page, although I'll bet we'll see a Legion of Substitute Heroes page eventually. - Autochef 20:24, 11 July 2006 (PDT)
- Don't know, I'm just defaulting to "if in doubt, assume a /Glorithverse page is needed when making links".
- I'll take your word for it. I **have** read the Superman Time and Time Again TPB, where oldImra takes a page to summarise the Glorithverse version of the Pocket Universe story [Which doesn't make it sound like Superboy was an actual member, and has her refer to "Glorith, the Time Trapper" over a picture of the actual Time Trapper], but if an actual LSH comic gives it slightly differently...
- and 4. Given that there's not likely to be further revelations in the Glorithverse timeline now, I'd assume that if it's not given otherwise, they weren't affected in any significant way. And I'd lean towards not including them on the "List of members" pages, but I'm not bothered enough to actually remove them any time soon - and if others think they should kept/put in, I'm fine with that. - Reboot (SoM) talk page 20:46, 11 July 2006 (PDT)
- 2. Both the sourcebook and annual 1 do a pretty thourough job of rewriting Glorith into all of the old post-crisis Time Trapper stories. The one page summary in Time and Time Again retcons LSH v3 37, Superman 8, Action 591 and LSH v3 38, which are the crux of the original post-crisis Pocket Universe story. The whole reason the original Time Trapper created the PU was to preserve a Superboy in a universe in which Superman had not become a super hero until he was an adult. The Time Trapper needed the Legion for his machinations against Mordru, so it was necessary to create the PU so that Superboy would exist to inspire the Legion's creation. Basically this preserves the entire pre-crisis timeline. In the Glorithverse, with Valor replacing Superboy as the inspiration, the original DC corporate reason for needing the PU was gone. However, the story reason for the PU included a million years of plotting and planning by the Time Trapper, retconned to a million years by Glorith. Looks like the Bierbaums wanted to keep this element, so the PU was kept. All the stories of going back in time to Smallvile to see Superboy are no longer necessary, so the original story about the PU becomes a relatively short, recent event in the Glorithverse. Superboy mysterioulsy appears from the timestream on 7/4/2987 and joins the Legion (per the sourcebook), making him conveniently available to participate and die in Glorith's version of the original PU story on 7/20/2987. What's perplexing to me is that Superboy can be seen fighting Mordru in annual 1, which doesn't really make sense unless he did so during that 16 day period. So, while, no actual LSH comic clearly states all this, Superboy is pictured in the annual and the sourcebook is pretty clear. Dont know if all that helps, but perhaps you can make sense of my babble. -- Gopher 23:39, 12 July 2006 (PDT)
- 2. I'm nearly done with (?)/halfway through (?)* a gigantic page for the Glorithverse overview, and I kept Superboy in the timeline as per the sourcebook. I don't know how he fits into the Mordru scene, so I'll just pretend that he's not there for the time being.
- I'm up to the timeline of events post-Five Year Gap, which is slightly harder if only because it's been a while since I've read the comics. Luckily, I have the Help file. The whole page will probably need some work from another person knowledgeable about the era, but I'm going to try to get it as accurate as possible the first time around. - Autochef 07:18, 13 July 2006 (PDT)
- Re: However, the story reason for the PU included a million years of plotting and planning by the Time Trapper, retconned to a million years by Glorith. Looks like the Bierbaums wanted to keep this element, so the PU was kept.
Actually, that was because the PU was essential, not to Legion continuty post-Mordruverse, but to SUPERMAN (and MatrixSupergirl) continuity, given the second and last PU story with Zod & co's execution and MatrixSupergirl's debut - which is why it was belatedly kept.